Week: 50 ▪ Date: 2019-12-09
Worked on the speaking request form for my personal website. It uses Netlify Forms which parses the HTML at build time. Setting it up was a breeze.
Currently looking at a couple newsletter providers to see if I can deliver these weeknotes (with some additions) as a weekly newsletter. Buttondown.email seems like a good fit.
We had a CMD reconnect session, over 50 Alumni from our program joined for dinner to chat about topics from our curriculum. I was very interested in the gap between our program and actual jobs / internships. And if students were interested in teaching part-time.
- Building trust as a designer is an article from Adam Silver about trade-offs and the balance between users and your own team.
- Daniel Göransson wrote about Screen Readers on Axesslab. Great introduction and includes many examples of users using assistive technology.
- Kaitlyn Tiffany wrote about the origin story of wikiHow called how to make a website.
- Quality list of Typography books by Robert Toman.
- Many people contributed their end of 2019 thoughts about building websites on CSS Tricks.
Started working on the Zero Twenty group (wip) which is a private mastermind group for people building digital products. Here is the GitHub organization. The idea is to be a mastermind group, not a community. Working on the landing page, branding and the group governance.
Reading Shape Up from Ryan Singer about Product Development within Basecamp. Complementary read for anyone who's running Design Sprints.
↪ Playing: Switching between Cuphead on the Nintendo Switch and God of War on the Playstation 4.
↪ Reading: Finished a dutch book from Huib Modderkolk Het is oorlog, maar niemand die het ziet and currently reading the bundle of Columns from Ben Tiggelaar.
↪ Watching: Abstract: The Art of Design on Netflix and West World season 2 on HBO.