Week: 50 ▪ Date: 2019-12-09 ¶
Worked on the speaking request form for my personal website. It uses Netlify Forms which parses the HTML at build time. Setting it up was a breeze.
Currently looking at a couple newsletter providers to see if I can deliver these weeknotes (with some additions) as a weekly newsletter. Buttondown.email seems like a good fit.
We had a CMD reconnect session, over 50 Alumni from our program joined for dinner to chat about topics from our curriculum. I was very interested in the gap between our program and actual jobs / internships. And if students were interested in teaching part-time.
- Building trust as a designer is an article from Adam Silver about trade-offs and the balance between users and your own team.
- Daniel Göransson wrote about Screen Readers on Axesslab. Great introduction and includes many examples of users using assistive technology.
- Kaitlyn Tiffany wrote about the origin story of wikiHow called how to make a website.
- Quality list of Typography books by Robert Toman.
- Many people contributed their end of 2019 thoughts about building websites on CSS Tricks.
Started working on the Zero Twenty group (wip) which is a private mastermind group for people building digital products. Here is the GitHub organization. The idea is to be a mastermind group, not a community. Working on the landing page, branding and the group governance.
Reading Shape Up from Ryan Singer about Product Development within Basecamp. Complementary read for anyone who's running Design Sprints.
Media diet ¶
↪ Playing: Switching between Cuphead on the Nintendo Switch and God of War on the Playstation 4.
↪ Reading: Finished a dutch book from Huib Modderkolk Het is oorlog, maar niemand die het ziet and currently reading the bundle of Columns from Ben Tiggelaar.
↪ Watching: Abstract: The Art of Design on Netflix and West World season 2 on HBO.